In this type of questions, some clues are given regarding the order of occurrence of certain events. The candidate is required to analyse the given information, frame the right sequence and then answer the questions accordingly.
A training college has to conduct a refresher course for teachers of seven different subjects -- Mechanics, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Economics, Science and Engineering from 22nd July to 29th July.
- Course should start with Psychology.
- 23rd July, being Sunday, should be holiday.
- Science subject should be on the previous day of the Engineering subjects.
- Course should end with Mechanics subject.
- Philosopy should be immediately after the holiday.
- There should be a gap of one day between Economics and Engineering.
How many days' gap is there between Science and Philosophy ?
The course starts with Psychology. So, Psychology will be on the 22nd, 23rd being a Sunday will be a holiday. Science will be before Engineering and Economics, Science and Engineering. Mechanics will be the last i.e., on 29th. So, Sociology will fill the gap on the 28th.
Thus, we have :
So, There is only one day gap between Philosophy and Science.